Tuesday, September 5, 2017

TV Shows I've Been Watching


I've been watching a variety of shows lately, so today I've decided I want to share some of them with you:


Okay, to be fair, Project Runway isn't exactly a new show for me, since I've been watching it since my freshman year of high school. I love Project Runway and up until this season, it's gotten better and better with better and better fashion (oh, and minus season 8, which was way more about drama than fashion). Unfortunately though, I've actually been debating whether I want to continue watching this season or not. I thought last season's designers were pretty strange in some cases, but season 16's designers? They're totally bananas, and not in a winner-of-season-15 kind of way. I just find them too avant-garde and just not accessible enough. I like watching the show because I like to imagine what I would actually want to wear, and this season's people are just too odd for me. There's only one designer I'm halfway rooting for so far, but I guess I'll at least stick with it up until the dramatic team challenge that's apparently going to happen, if the season preview is anything to go by.

But like, I don't really want a designer to win who designs clothes with disguised cock rings...



Midnight, Texas is a show based on a book series by the same author who wrote True Blood. I haven't read either series and I didn't watch True Blood, but damn, I love this show. It's about a strange town in Texas with all these supernatural people, although there are normal people, too. The main character is a medium who can talk to dead people, including his very charming dead grandmother. There is also a witch who has a talking cat that speaks in a southern accent, who is of course my favorite character. This show can be a bit scary, but is mostly just fun and entertaining, and I always look forward to Tuesdays, when I can watch it online. 



Sherlock also isn't a new show for me, but I rewatched the first three seasons so I could watch season 4. I am now on the last episode, and I am very nervous/excited/sad that it will be the last episode for a while. I remember liking but not loving Sherlock the first time around, but this time, I really love this show, especially Mrs. Hudson and John Watson. But poor John Watson. Poor, poor John Watson.



I'm a little behind the ball on this one since it came out a while ago, and I already knew two major spoilers before I started it because of the Internets, but this show is still super good. My boyfriend and I needed a show to watch that neither of us had seen, so when we finished Gypsy on Netflix (also really good and creepy), I suggested this one because everyone seemed to like it so much. And o. m. g. It is so good. It's about a family and takes place in the present and the past so you really get to know their entire story. On the surface, it might not sound that interesting, but it's suspenseful, heartwarming, and super emotional. We always feel super gooey and romantic after watching it because there are so. Many. Feels to be had while watching this amazing show. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly, HIGHLY recommend you do so. There's really someone in it for everyone, and even though it can get super intense, you'll want to watch all of the episodes at once because you'll need to know what happens. #kateandtobyforlife


No comments:

Post a Comment