Monday, November 6, 2017

Priority November Reads


Since I'm doing NaNoWriMo I obviously hope to write at least as much as I read, but I've still got my priorities in order in terms of my TBR list for the month. There aren't a ton of books coming out this late in the year, but what is coming out sounds super good, plus I have books from October and also 2018 to read, so I have some serious reading goals for this month.

Here are some of the eARCs I have that I hope to read in November (currently reading The November Girl as of the writing of this post)


The November Girl - Lydia Kang
Here We Are Now - Jasmine Warga
The Becoming of Noah Shaw - Michelle Hodkin



The Cruel Prince - Holly Black
Turtles All the Way Down - John Green
Whichwood - Tahereh Mafi

Turtles is def a priority since it came out last month, as is Whichwood since I've had an ARC for a few months but have yet to read it. I really want to read The Cruel Prince because I've been excited about it forever, but it's lower on the list because it's a 2018 release, so I have time. I'm super nervous to read Here We Are Now because I loved Warga's first book, My Heart and Other Black Holes, so much, and HWAN has a somewhat low rating on Goodreads.

I'm also debating reading/buying Renegades by Marissa Meyer because I ended up liking the Lunar Chronicles even though I never read Winter (800 pages is too damn long), but at the same time I'm not sure because I don't know if I want to invest in another series. I get terrible series amnesia, plus if I buy the first one that means I have to buy all of them, plus there's the waiting in between time, but I also want to read something new by her in a different world, so I have confusions. 

I'm also nervous about reading the Noah Shaw book because it's been 5 years since I finished the Mara Dyer books and I don't remember what happened other than she went crazy, and I just had really hoped for a new book for Michelle Hodkin for so long, and I am skeptical when authors can't write outside of one world or story. But we shall see.





No comments:

Post a Comment