Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Priority Reads for September 2017



I already made my main "goals" post, but have yet to make a bookish goals post for this month. So, today, I'll be sharing a few of the books that are top priorities for me to read this month.



1. Long Way Down - Jason Reynolds (currently reading)

To be honest, this one wasn't even on my radar until I started my library internship and the director and Head of Children's Services strongly recommended I read it. I haven't read anything by Jason Reynolds yet, but I used to love novels written in verse, and they tend to be quick reads for me, so I'm excited to read a novel in this style again.



2. There's Someone Inside Your House - Stephanie Perkins

Stephanie Perkins was on my list of popular authors I haven't read yet, and if I don't read Anna and the French Kiss before this one comes out, TSIYS will definitely be my first read by her. I love horror movies, and especially slashers like Scream, so I think I'm going to really enjoy this one.



3. Jane, Unlimited - Kristin Cashore

I haven't read anything by Kristin Cashore either, since I wasn't as into fantasy when her first series came out, but this book sounds super interesting. Apparently it's written in a unique format where the story is told with the character making different choices and in different genres, which sounds super intriguing. It's gotten mixed reviews so far, but I feel like this is a must-read for me.



4. A Court of War and Ruin - Sarah J. Maas

I know, I know; I'm super ashamed I haven' read this one since its release this past May. I've been putting it off because it's so long, but I've started to un-psyche myself out of reading it, and I need more Rhysand!!!



5. Autoboyography - Christina Lauren

I somehow keep forgetting about this one even though every time I rediscover it I'm super excited to have an eARC of it. It's about a bisexual boy who goes back in the closet when he moves to a conservative town, but falls in love with a boy from his writing seminar where they have to write a novel in a semester. Bookish times and bisexual times? Yes please sign me up!



6. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue - Mackenzie Lee

This is one I honestly got excited about because of the hype. I don't tend to get very excited about historical fiction, but this gay romp through Europe sounds right up my alley, even if it is on the longer side, yet again. Hopefully it will live up to my very high expectations for it!



7. Before I Let Go - Marieke Nijkamp

This will be another book by an author I haven't read yet, since I wasn't really interested in Nijkamp's debut. I wasn't interested in this one at first, either, but it's a second ARC I got to borrow from the library where I'm interning, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I don't know too much about it other than that it's a mystery, but any book described as having "chilling secrets" always gets me in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment