Monday, October 30, 2017

October 2017 Rewind


Was that really just October? Because it sure didn't feel like October. I can still wear flip-flops and t-shirts most of the time, wore 3/4 sleeves to work maybe two or three times, and long sleeves zero times. So therefore, it must not have been October, but the calendar tells me it was, so I suppose I'm in the wrong here.

October was a stressful month. I've been dealing with a lot lately, on top of sending in my application for graduation. I'm weirdly worried something will happen and I won't graduate, even though I've gotten maybe two Bs throughout my entire master's program and my professors always have good things to say about my work and my advisor said my professional development essay was right on track. I'm just very hard on myself and have a hard time seeing myself succeeding sometimes because of it.

I'm not even going to talk about my October goals, because I'm fairly certain I didn't meet any of them, unless reading 5 books was one of them (I read 6). On that note, here's what I read this month:





The Hazel Wood - Melissa Albert
This Darkness Mine - Mindy McGinnis
Eliza & Her Monsters - Francesca Zappia
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue - Mackenzie Lee
bone - Yrsa Daley-Ward
Replica - Lauren Oliver


I finally broke my three-star reads streak with The Hazel Wood, which is not only the best book I read this year but a new favorite. It was so amazingly good and I can't wait for it to come out so I can own every edition that exists. I also really liked This Darkness Mine, and really hope I have the opportunity to terrify some teenagers with it in my future library career. Gentleman's Guide was as good as everyone said it would be, and I liked Eliza way better than Made You Up, so that was good, too. The only disappointment of the month was Lauren Oliver's Replica, which I've been meaning to read since before it came out (I had an eARC but bought it because of the weird read it however you want thing), but it just wasn't as good as the Delirium books. 

More exciting things that happened in October include the binge watching of Stranger Things 2 over the weekend! The second season was so good and so satisfying. I also got a lot of new music, including stuff by the Front Bottoms, which is a band my boyfriend hooked me on, and P!nk's new album, which is pretty dope and super fun to sing along to. I also participated in Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon, and even though I didn't stay up the entire 24 hours as intended, it was still fun and I finished two books during it. 


How was your October?


No comments:

Post a Comment