Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Things You Can do on Halloween When you're a millenial stuck living at home


Living at home after college can be hard for a lot of reasons, but a huge one is that depending where you live, you may not have a social life you can build. Let me tell you, friends, suburban CT is not a good place for you if you want to have a social life as a millenial living at home. Living at home can be especially tough when you see your long-distance friends doing fun things, especially for holidays you used to celebrate together like Halloween, so this post is for all my fellow millenials stuck at home for Halloween.

Here are some things I've thought of that you might want to do this Halloween if you're stuck at home with no social life but want to get into that spoopy Halloween spirit:

1. Watch some scary movies. This is an obvious one, but marathoning some horror movies definitely sounds like a lot of fun. My picks would be Insidious, The Descent, Oculus, and of course the Scream movies, because you've got to have a decent slasher classic in there.

2. Get a bag of Halloween candy and let your sugar cravings run wild. I may not be doing this because I don't really have extra money to spend on things like candy, but I might run to Walgreens tomorrow and pick up some of my favorite candy-shaped things just for funsies.

3. Read some spoopy books. Maybe this will only appeal to me, but while I watch horror movies, I also like to read, and pairing a spoopy movie with a spoopy YA horror sounds like a pretty decent Halloween night plan to me. On my list of spoopy books to read are The Wicker King and The Hollow Girl. First I need to finish The November Girl, though, so let's hope I get on that between the time I write this post and Halloween night, although I think that one is going to be at least a little spoopy as well.

4. Make some fun fall cocktails. I have a giftcard from my birthday to Total Wine and a collection of fall cocktail recipes on my bookmarks bar, so I might stock up on cocktail makey things for a boozy Halloween evening as well. Plus, if you're a little schnackered, the scary movies might not be quite as terrifying.

5. Marathon a horror TV anthology. I've been rewatching AHS: My Roanoke Nightmare, and might continue it tomorrow. I've also started Channel Zero, which is pretty good, and have been considering giving Slasher a try since it's on Netflix and therefore easy to access. But we shall see, what with all the other spoopy movie plans above (take a shot of a Halloween cocktail every time I use the word "spoopy" in this post).

6. Make scary Halloween treats! Candy is fun for sure, but if you're like me and love a good round of baking, find some recipes for Halloween-themed treats and get cookin'!


What are you doing this Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment