Thursday, October 12, 2017

Birchbox Review: September


I've been meaning to do a review of my first BirchBox since I got it at the end of September and the day is finally here! For those who don't know, BirchBox is a $10/month beauty subscription box that lets you try 5 different beauty product samples each month. My mom got a six month subscription for me as a gift, and I was so thrilled since I had been really wanting to try it due to my newfound interest in makeup and skincare.

So, without further ado, let's check out what was in my first box:

The first item in my box was Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner. I don't wear eyeliner basically at all, but sometimes want to experiment with it, so a small sample eyeliner is exactly what I needed. I thought the brush was really nice and drew a great line, and the application of the eyeliner was really easy. The line was the perfect thickness, since I like my eyeliner to be on the thinner side, and it went on really smoothly. If I wore eyeliner more often, I would definitely purchase a full size of this product. 

The next item in my box was an anti-aging serum, which I was not thrilled about because I am 24 and don't use that kind of product at this point. However, my mom tried it and said it made her skin burn, so I would not recommend this one.

An item I wasn't sure about on first look was the Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray, because I do not blowdry my hair and I said that in my profile, so I felt like BirchBox didn't really use my profile to personalize my box enough. However, you can also use it on dry hair for more texture and volume, so I did give it a try, and I ended up really liking it. It also provides a very nice, light hold which is perfect for me since I don't do much to style my hair except push it to the side and give it a bit of texture, which is exactly what this does. I will definitely be buying this product in a full size once my sample runs out and I have the funds to do so.

I was excited about the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil hair product because I've been using my samples of the Moroccan Oil a lot lately and feel like it's really been helping my hair look nice and smooth and healthy. This product is supposed to also protect against UV rays and heat damage, which is good for me since my hair is a very light red right now. Would definitely recommend this product.

I wasn't excited about the Vasanti Eye Wonder 2.0 eye cream product because I've ever used an eye cream before, but I did give it a shot and it really worked at lightening the dark circles under my eyes, so I ultimately ended up being happy with it. It's something I would never have thought to try out on my own, which is why I wanted to try BirchBox in the first place, so I'm glad I gave this product a chance even though I wasn't happy about it at first. I don't know if I would buy a full size of this, but I'll certainly use it on days when the dark circles are particularly bad.


Other than the anti-aging cream, I'd say my first BirchBox was a success, and I'm very pleased I'll get to try it out again for the next five months. I love discovering new beauty products and want to discover more haircare products, so I'm really looking forward to getting to try new things. Plus, everything is small enough that I can travel easily with it if I want to spritz anything up while I'm visiting my boyfriend over the next few months before I move down to him. If you've been considering BirchBox, I highly recommend it and think it's a really fun way to try and discover new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment