Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Currently Listening To 10/10


I, like many humans, enjoy listening to music in my car very loudly and singing along with it even more loudly on my way to work. Today I'm going to share what I've been listening to the most recently.


I am still listening to Kesha because she is super fun to sing along to, and I am in love with this album. I wrote in this post that this is the first album by her I've actually liked, but I think the amount I like this album makes up for not liking her early work. Her music on this album is just so fun and entertaining and empowering, and I always feel better after listening to/singing with it. I also feel like this is much more "musical" than her other music and really shows off how great a voice and vocal range she has and proves how talented she is as a singer. 






Miley Cyrus has grown on me over the years, especially since "Wrecking Ball," which instantly became a guilty pleasure the first time I heard it. Like with Kesha's most recent album, I think "Younger Now" really shows off Miley Cyrus' true talents as a singer. She sounds different on here than on every other of her albums, and the music really fits the style of her voice better than her other music. I don't love every song on this album, but I do love most of it, and I really hope her future music continues in this style.






I've never been as hugely into the Lumineers as much as the rest of the general population, but I have to admit after listening to Cleopatra a lot lately, I can see the appeal. Their first album only had that one hit song for me, but I like a lot of the songs on Cleopatra and think the band really found their stride with this album. Their folky singer-songwriter style is exactly up my alley, and I find this CD very relaxing to listen to.






I've been a fan of Angus & Julia Stone since their first album and the song "Mango Tree," so I was really excited when they came out with new music. I haven't listened to them much since Angus Stone's album as Lady of the Sunshine, which is amazing, but this is definitely their best album. It's less "pretty" and songwriter-y, I suppose, than their other music, but I am totally a fan of their new style. There is not a single song on this album that I will skip over. They kind of remind me now of the few songs I like by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes, but better and more whimsical. Huge fan of this album. 






I discovered Larkin Poe a while ago (rhyme not intended), and am glad they popped up on my radar again recently. Their bluesy, rock style is very different from what I usually listen to, but both of their voices are so powerful and beautiful that I'd probably like them no matter what style of music they sang. They remind me of Sara Bareilles if she sang the blues, and have hints of Brandi Carlisle also, whose voice I've always enjoyed as well. Kin is a very powerful, punchy album, and I'm very happy to have put it back into my music rotation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment