Monday, August 28, 2017

Bout of Books Final Update



I've done it! I've participated in Bout of Books yet again and actually met my goals! To recap, Bout of Books is a weeklong readathon hosted by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal with the goal of reading as much as possible. My main goal was to finish two books I started before the readathon and read at least one more book, which I did! Here's what I read:


I started out finishing The Beast is an Animal, which was creepy and atmospheric but ultimately disappointing. Next, I finished Lang Leav's book of poetry from last year, The Universe of Us. I didn't like the first 3/4 of the collection that much, but the last 50 pages or so were pretty good. I then read Wicked Like a Wildfire, which confused the bejeezus out of me and had overly flowery writing that couldn't make up for lack of characterization or the confusion.

Though I ended up not really liking anything I read for Bout of Books, I still had fun, and it helped me get back into my usual speedy reading pace. I'll definitely be participating in the next BoB, but hopefully I'll enjoy more of the books next time.


2 comments:

  1. I was looking back at all my August reads and they were mostly 3 stars and below and it's a miracle I didn't fall in a slump. Hope you get some good reads to enjoy very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too! I'm so relieved I didn't go into slump mode even though I read what felt like so many three star books at once. Hopefully we both find something we enjoy soon!

    ReplyDelete