Saturday, October 21, 2017

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Opening Survey


Hello, fellow readers! Today is the day! It's Dewey's 24-hour readathon, and I am planning to be actively reading for hopefully over half of it. The first mini-challenge is the opening survey, the answers for which I will be posting below!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Just outside of Hartford, CT. And no, it is nothing like Stars Hollow, unfortunately.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
This is a tough one, but definitely either Turtles All the Way Down or The Book of Dust. First, I have to finish The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue which I started mid-week last week and am almost halfway through, but then it's time for Turtles! I am not a huge John Green person but I am excited for this one since it's based on his experiences with anxiety and OCD.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Chocolate chip muffins in the morning and chocolate chip cookies as my midnight snack to keep me going.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Other than reading, I'm really into music. I majored in flute performance in college, and just took up violin again after a 10 year break. I also love to sing. Additionally, I'm pursuing my master's degree in library and information science and will be graduating this winter. Yay!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This year, I plan to try to stay awake all 24 hours, or just take a two or three hour nap at some point if I'm really desperate. The plan is to consume lots of caffeine and have many snacks. Unfortunately, another thing I'll be doing differently is taking a four-hour break because I have to go to work today. Sad face :(

No comments:

Post a Comment