Monday, September 25, 2017

26 Bookworm Questions


Someday, dear readers (you exist, right? Raise your hands if you exist!), you will learn of my love of bookish tags. I never get tagged because I am a teeny tiny just born blog, but I love to steal them from bloggers who do actually get tagged. This tag of 26 bookworm-y questions is one I'm borrowing from Cait of Paper Fury.

So, without further ado, here are the 26 bookworm questions...

1. Favorite genre?

CONTEMPORARY. Give me all the contemps, from the fluffy cotton-candy romances to the dark and emotion-punching heartbreakers. I love them all.

2. Plot you've always wanted written but isn't published yet?

Multiple POV book about teens in group therapy. Would probably fall under the emotion-punching heartbreaker category mentioned above.

3. What are your "turn away" tropes?

  • hetero love triangles 
  • dystopian worlds with ferris wheels
  • manic pixie dream girls
  • glorified abusive relationships
  • insta-love
  • girl who thinks she's plain but everyone else thinks is gorgeous
  • girl who's "not like other girls"
  • books about writers whose writing is actually terrible

4. What was your first ARC?

This book from Abrams called The Peculiars that I ended up giving away and never reading and was then never approved for books from Abrams ever again on NetGalley (oops).

5. What was the last lie you told?

That I was confused by something a friend did. The truth was I just thought it was stupid.

6. How tall and how tall do you wish you were?

5 barely 1. I wish I was model height. Not gonna lie, would like to walk a runway once.

7. What is one movement you are very passionate about?

I am not sure how to interpret this question but...I'll say the feminist movement. I was a gender studies major in college. All about the feminisms. As long as it's intersectional. If it ain't intersectional, it ain't feminism.

8. What is the best compliment you've ever received?

Honestly I cannot remember. Probably something music-related, since that is what I've received the most compliments on. Also when my boyfriend, who is a very good writer, compliments my writing even though he's not a YA fan.

9. Name two weird quirks about yourself.

1) I have an irrational fear of tapeworms and tsunamis
2) my right thumb is much shorter and fatter than my left thumb. My mother and my aunt also have this quirk, so I guess it's a genetic thing.

10. Name the first thing you see when you look straight ahead.

My computer, obvs ;)

11. What is your favorite book quote?

Okay, this is going to sound really strange but...I don't have one? I'm not really the type of reader who makes notes of favorite quotes. Although, I do really love the quote from Ignite Me from Warner about wanting Juliette to be his best friend. That is a good quote.

12. Name one talent you have.

Music--I play flute, and I've recently taken up violin again. I double majored with music performance in college and would like to think I am pretty good at the flute at least, and I would like to be good at the violin once again as well.

13. Favorite underrated book and why.

This is All by Aidan Chambers. It's huge and very heavy in more ways than one, but it amazed me even at a young age how a male writer could capture so many different aspects of a young woman's life.

14. If you could tell younger you one thing, what would it be?

Beware 2016.

15. What is one thing you remember that sparked your love of reading?

I've always loved books, but I have many memories of my parents reading to me as a kid.

16. Unpopular bookish opinions you stand by

  • We Were Liars is a terrible book
  • I don't really care about having a signed book personalized to me
  • I like to dog-ear pages
  • I don't feel the need to read ARCs before their release date
  • You can like an author's book and not like them as a person, and vice versa

17. Name a book where your ship sank

Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian. Actually, two of my ships sank in that book.

18. Worst ending ever

I spoiled Belzhar for myself and thank goodness, because that was the worst twist ever. Also, see We Were Liars above.

19. Name 3 auto-buy authors.

1) Jandy Nelson
2) Tahereh Mafi
3) Sabaa Tahir

20. An author you liked better after their second book.

  • Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
  • Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
  • Truly Madly Famously by Rebecca Serle
  • P. S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
To be fair, these are all second books in a series, not necessarily second books, but I'm fine with cheating a little.

21. What bookish world would you NOT want to be a part of?

Panem, hands down.

22. What character's special power do you wish you had?

I just want to be generally magical, I guess.

23. Do you prefer ARCs or finished copies and why?

I like both for collecting purposes. I like having the ARC of things so I can feel special for having a copy of something before it was released into the rest of the world.

24. Do you have any phobias?

Tapeworms and tsunamis, as mentioned above. Also I am very afraid of failing. I am a major perfectionist and beat myself up over every tiny mistake I make and it is a very bad habit.

25. Biggest childhood crush?

Um...no?

26. What was the last book to make you cry?

I don't cry often when I read, which is weird because I do of course get very emotionally invested in books. I think I've cried the longest when I read Laura Weiss' Me Since You, which was a while ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment