Sunday, September 24, 2017

Weekly Rewind 9/17-9/23


Another week, another wrap-up. I've noticed something interesting about my blogging experience this time around, which is that my reviews are getting more views than my other posts. This has not been the case throughout my entire blogging career, so clearly I am doing something right this time. Any book blogger will tell you that reviews get the least views on their blog, so seeing my reviews in my most popular posts widget is very gratifying.

In other news: I had my first few days of work at my new retail job, and it's going pretty well so far. I was super anxious at first because I've never done retail before, but I think I'm catching on fairly quickly and will end up being fine. Things are also still going well at the internship, though I've had a very emotional week and felt like I wasn't as focused as I usually am because of some personal friendship stuff that's going on.

I also participated in Bloggiesta, one of my favorite blog-related events. I completed most of the tasks I wanted to complete, aside from creating a library feature, which I have an idea for but didn't write a post for this week, so that will be on my to-do list for next week. I also decided not to include a visual resume/CV because I don't want my readers to know where I work or live, but I did add career goals and library interests to my about me/"My Details" page.

- Branding
     - Branded tagline
     - Branded mini "about me" section
- Professional things
     - add a "professional details" section
     - add portfolio w/ coursework samples
     X add visual resume 
     - add librarian-related interests somewhere inc. professional goals and what I like to read
- Posting stuff
     - create a library-related feature
     - make basic schedule

In addition, I created a few Tumblrs because I haven't been on it in a while and wanted to experiment with it again. I created a Tumblr for this blog that will be my cat reviewing books plus reblogs of cool bookish stuff, and also a Tumblr full of hot authors just for funsies. 

Here's what I posted this week:

Books I Got This Week


Everything Must Go - Jenny Fran Davis
The Princess Saves Herself in This One - Amanda Lovelace (not shown)
The Leaf Reader - Emily Arsenault (not shown)

No comments:

Post a Comment