Sunday, October 22, 2017

Dewey's Read-a-thon closing survey


Hello, fellow Read-a-Thon-ers! It's the last hour of the read-a-thon. We made it! Or at least some of us did; I went to sleep at around midnight, plus I lost four hours to work :( I did not read as many books or as much as I intended, but I had a bit of a breakdown in the middle because of other things and that really tired me out. But anyway, here's how I did:


1. Which hour was most daunting to you?

Honestly, the second hour, because I had gotten up around 6:00 and was very tired. I almost napped, but instead just rested for a minute, recaffeinated, and got back to it.


2. What did I read?

I only read two books, The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue and Bone, a poetry collection by Yrsa Daley-Ward, both of which I had started before the event and had hoped I would finish much more quickly than I actually did. Note to self: do not start a 400+ page book a couple days before a read-a-thon.



3. Which books would you recommend to other read-a-thoners?

Definitely GGTVAV even though it's super long. It's a great, fun, diverse historical YA that's really unique from anything I've read.


4. What's a really rad thing we could do during the next event?

um...just do it again?


5. How likely are you to participate again? Would you be interested in helping organization and prep?

Yes and yes!


No comments:

Post a Comment