Sunday, September 17, 2017

Weekly Rewind Sept. 11-17


We're halfway through September, woohoo! I feel like this month is going by painfully slowly, probably because I'm impatiently awaiting October so I can go down south to see my boyfriend at grad school again. Long distance relationships are very difficult, but at least I'm with a good person who I talk to and FaceTime with most days. Still, the distance is also very painful, and I've really been feeling it.

This week felt weirdly busy even though all I really did was school stuff and going to my internship. I also went to a discussion event about starting a teen advisory board at your library, so that was something different, and felt super awkward because most of the other participants had things to say since they already had advisory boards, plus they were all real librarians and I was just an intern. Still, I learned some useful things, and found out about a couple bookish events that are coming up that I hope I can go to.

I mostly felt like writing about books this week, so that's what the majority of my posts were. I wrote about...

- Why I dislike Adam Silvera
- Books I really want to read this month
- a review of a book I didn't like by Adam Silvera (apparently this is an Adam Silvera hate week, oops)

I also wrote a more positive post about things I've been doing well this year. It was nice to reflect and realize I'm making a lot of personal progress.

I also downloaded a few eARCs from Edelweiss. None of them look all that great to me, TBH, but I can never stop myself when HarperCollins puts up eARCs for download. I have a problem.

Here are my new books:










No comments:

Post a Comment