Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Upcoming Music Releases I'm Excited About


I've been listening to a lot of new music and wanting a lot of new music lately, so it seemed like a good day to write a music post. Today, I'll be talking about five albums I'm really looking forward to that are coming up soon.


1. Masseduction - St. Vincent - Oct. 13

I've had a rocky relationship with St. Vincent thus far. I tried to get into her music in high school when I was going through my phase of trying to be super indie and wanting to like really weird things, but honestly, I just wasn't into her earlier stuff. Then, her more recent album came out, and something with me and St. Vincent clicked. Her last album was way more accessible and actually sounded like something real to me, and I'm hoping that Masseduction will continue in the vein of quirky but not bizarre.


2. Younger Now - Miley Cyrus - Sept. 29

Honestly, I have spent the majority of my life disliking Miley Cyrus, from her Hannah Montana days and basically until Bangerz. She was too in the pop world for me, and that kind of music just wasn't my thing. Then, I accidentally fell in love with "Wrecking Ball" and kind of liked the rest of Bangerz, and have really liked all of the songs from this album that have been released so far. Plus, it's actually a reasonable price, unlike the albums of a lot of pop stars of her status (looking at you, Taylor Swift). Her music is just fun and I like listening to it, and I'm looking forward to this album and seeing a different side of her music.



3. Wonderful Wonderful - The Killers - Sept. 22

The Killers are kind of hit and miss for me. I think the last album of theirs I was into was Day and Age, which feels like forever ago, but I did like it enough that I'm looking forward to this album. Their dark alt-rock sound is very unique and interesting and has certainly evolved over the years, so I'm interested in hearing what they're like now.


4. Beautiful Trauma - Pink - Oct. 13

To be honest, I haven't listened to much of Pink since Funhouse, but I did really like "Try" when it came out, and I listened to her last album recently and thought it was pretty good. "What About Us," the first song released from Beautiful Trauma is also super great and right up my pop alley, so I'm hoping the rest of it is just as good. 


5. Reputation - Taylor Swift - Nov. 10

Taylor Swift is another artist on here who I've gotten to like more as I've gotten older. The songs from this album that have been put out so far have gotten mixed reception, but as I wrote in my Taylor Swift post from a couple weeks ago, I am excited for more TaySwift music, and I am not ashamed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment