Sunday, September 10, 2017

Weekly Rewind Sept. 3-9


So, I've got a second full week of blogging down. I'm still enjoying it, which surprises me, because after I tried to start it up again the last time, I wanted to stop pretty soon after, so this is a good sign. I'm really liking blogging about whatever I darn well want to, and I think that's helping me keep going.

This was a pretty stressful week for me. I had the second week of my library internship, where I got to go to the high school open house. Not many people came to talk to the library booth, but I did get to learn how to use the very cool button maker, so that was a plus, and I learned that I am in fact capable of talking to people about library things.

We also had people come paint the house, and for three days I basically couldn't go upstairs because they were painting and there were ladders everywhere and every doorway was covered in plastic. I got super scared that I would get trapped in the plastic or mess something up and the painters would yell at me, and plastic kept getting stuck to my foot, which also freaked me the heck out. But, fortunately the painting is all done and I can clean the dust off of everything now.

I also got a job! I'm so relieved to be employed again. The pain of unemployment and worrying about money constantly is over, plus I'll have things to do during the day! It's a retail job, which may not be the most exciting, but it's at a store I really like and feel comfortable in, so that's something anyway.

Now, onto the posts.

This week, I posted...

two reviews:
As I Descended
Wicked Like a Wildfire

I only liked one of them, which you will easily be able to guess by the titles of my posts.


I also wrote two pop culture-related posts, one about the fact that I'm excited for Taylor Swift's Reputation album, and another about TV shows I've been watching.

Here are some books I got this week:







 I got autoapproved for Macmillan's Children's Publishing on NetGalley, so I got a lot of great books, plus a poetry collection and two books from Entangled Teen that I'm really excited for, including one that I read as an intern and said yes to! The November Girl was super amazing when I read it in its early stages, so I can't wait to see how good it is now. Let's Talk About Love is another one I'm very excited for, since it's about a black asexual girl who works at a library!

No comments:

Post a Comment