Monday, November 13, 2017

Weekly Rewind 11/5-11/12


It's the second week of November and...I haven't finished a book yet. I've been reading and LOVING The November Girl for the past couple weeks, but since starting NaNoWriMo, my reading has fallen way to the wayside. However, I am over my 50-book goal for the year, so that's something. I really wanted to make it to my original goal of 75, but with all the writing for NaNo, that's probably not going to happen.



Speaking of National Novel Writing Month, I am almost at the 20,000 word mark and I am very proud of myself. I've written every day except one day last week when I was sick, but hopefully I can make that up. I also have the goal of writing 10,000 words in one day at some point during the month, but I think my biggest word count for a single day is less than half of that, so we'll see how that goal turns out.

Most of what I've been posting on the blog has been NaNoWriMo-related, too. Here's what I've written on the topic so far in the past week:

- Parts one & two of Paper Fury's Beautiful Books feature about NaNo goals, characters, aesthetics, etc.
- A post on things I'm learning about my writing self while participating in NaNoWriMo

I also posted...

- A list of priority reads for November (definitely not getting through all of these what with all the writing, unfortunately)
- The stages of disappointment I went through while reading Lauren Oliver's Replica (still unsure if I'll read my eARC of Ringer or not)


Okay, I've fulfilled my obligation to summarize my blogging week; back to the writing!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your writing! That's awesome. I really really need to get back into my writing. I've been slacking on that for a long time - I do think reading and blogging takes up a lot of my creativity/free time at moments.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the opposite problem now and feel like my reading and blogging are suffering from all the writing, but I just don't have the brain energy for it while I'm trying to finish a novel in a month, I guess. I haven't blogged since this post and I feel terrible about it! hopefully for the rest of the month I'll manage to somehow balance writing, reading, blogging, and some school stuff I have to do.

    ReplyDelete