Thursday, December 28, 2017

2018 Life-ish Goals


2018 is mere days away, so that means it's time to buckle down and reflect on the past year and come up with new goals for the coming year. I've already written about my bookish goals for 2018, so this post is for goals related to my personal life.


1. Get a full-time job and move out. This is basically my number one goal this year and is more important than anything else I will put on this list. I've been living at home since graduating college because I've been working on my master's degree for library science online, but now that the program is over and I've graduated, it's time to find a job and move out. My goal is to move either near my boyfriend or my friends from college, so I'm hoping some promising job prospects pop up in one of those locations.

2. Lose 20 pounds. My long-term goal is to lose 60-65 pounds, but that seems like a huge, unmanageable number at the moment, so I've decided to keep my goal realistic and small. I've been struggling with weight for the past few years as the result of some trauma that happened in college, and it's been really hard to maintain a healthy weight and to lose weight because of the emotional issues I have that stem from that.

3. Eat more healthfully. Connected to the above goal is obviously eating more healthfully. I know I am not a very healthy eater in general, and I really want to try to change that. I'm considering going on the Atkins diet because I need a high protein diet that beats out the fat since I have a fatty liver and want to get rid of that problem, but I'm really bad at diets where I have to track every single thing I eat because it makes me anxious and stressed and overwhelmed. So we'll see how that goes.

4. Decrease my anxiety. 2017 was a horrible year for me emotionally, and my anxiety and depression were at the highest level they've been since high school. A lot of it is situational and a result of living at home and other not so great things that happened, so I'm hoping that moving out will fix some of the problem. I just want to be able to function and function at a high level at a job and not feel so anxious that I feel physically sick every time I go to work.

5. Experiment more with my personal fashion style and gender expression. 2017 was the year of me getting interested in makeup, and in 2018, I hope to experiment more with what I want my personal style to be. I feel like I've always struggled to find a "style" I really like and feel is "me," so I end up just going with jeans and t-shirts or plain sweaters because it's what's easiest. However, this year, while looking at online clothing stores, I've found that what I REALLY like tends to be either on the super feminine or super masculine side of things. I've always been interested in dressing more masculine, but I also like pastel pretty things and dresses with cute prints. I've had a lot of trouble showing this though because these things are hella expensive, and I am poor at the moment. However, hopefully when I get a job, I'll be able to start saving to revamp my wardrobe and have it express my super femme/masculine sides of the fashion spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment